Four - Our Learning
Hello and welcome to Grade 4!
The teachers are very motivated to work closely and finally face to face with our wonderful students. We are looking forward to delivering an exciting term of learning.
In Reading this term, Grade 4 students will:
- read a variety non-fiction books about health and wellbeing.
- develop and use a variety of comprehension strategies to improve their understanding of what they have read.
- explore the text structure and language features of procedural and information texts.
- continue to discover new and exciting vocab related to the genres they are reading.
- continue Lexile reading with all students expected to read at least 3 books.
In Writing, Grade 4 students will:
- explore the structure and language features of procedural texts.
- undertake experiences in order to write procedural texts.
- build their vocabulary through a variety of learning experiences and vocab games.
- publish their writing and share it with their classmates.
In Mathematics, Grade 4 students will:
- build on their understanding of place value.
- experience a variety of strategies to use when solving problems.
- play a variety of Maths games which develop their fluency and understanding.
In Inquiry, Grade 4 students will investigate the topic of Health.
Students will have the opportunity to share their learning with their classmates in a variety of ways, for example, SWAY, powerpoint, or flipgrid.
Students will explore and begin to discover how the following questions can impact their lives:
- How do our choices affect our lives?
- How do people's lifestyles affect their health?
- Students must bring and wear their hats each day.
- Lexile Reading will start in week 3, borrowing on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays or before school.
- Meet the Teacher will be held on the 17th and 18th of February from 3:30pm.
- Please complete book pack order online order form as soon as possible.
We are looking forward to an exciting beginning to the school year.
The Grade 4 team,
Carla Asta, Grace Rosella, Jess Baido and Natalie Squatrito